To make sure raids are organized properly we have a raid calendar, signups and a roster of players to choose from. The success of a raid depends on the participants, so here’s what you do to make a raid night sucessful.
Raid times and selections
- Raid days are Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday from 20:30 – 00:00.
- Sign up several days in advance so raid selection can be done quicker.
- Raid selections will be done the night before the raid. If you haven’t signed up by then you’re out of luck.
- Selections will be based on:
- Raid balance
- Player attendance
- Player performance
- Players will be rotated as much as possible in order to provide a fair chance for everyone. Keep in mind that selections will be stricter for progression raids.
- If at any point you feel there is something wrong with selections take it up with an officer.
- Selected players will be updated through e-mail. Check the raid calendar regularly for updates.
We expect every raider to be fully prepared when the raid starts. This means:
- Being online time for raid start, even if you have not been selected, in case people need to be replaced
- Being late means you will be replaced
- Bringing enough consumables for the whole night (no excuses)
- Have the latest boss mods installed (DBM)
- Have a threat meter running
- Be on Teamspeak
- Know all the encounters for the raid night. Inside out.
- Be fully repaired!
If you are applying to be a Raid Member (Branch) you will be invited as a trial member (Leaf). You are expected to sign up for all of our regular weekly raid nights (Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday) during your trial period of 1 month. Failure to meet this expectation will result in failing your trial period and you will be removed from the guild or demoted to Twig (social rank). After successfully completing your trial period you will be promoted to Branch (raider) and on your way to greater achievements!
As a Branch you will be a regular raider and expected to sign up to all regular raid days. You will also have guild repairs.
Trunks will have selection priority over Branches (Raider rank). Please note, your rank is dependent on how often you sign up for a raid, not how often you are selected. Besides that we take into account performance, attitude and other factors. In other words, if you put in the effort and show a team spirit you are more likely to be promoted. Trunks get the following perks so make sure you are one of them:
- Free guild repairs
- Free enchants
- Free flasks/food for the duration of a raid night
- Free choice of BoE epics from the guild bank
Leafs will be invited as often as possible so that you can demonstrate your abilities and we can evaluate your performance. Lastly, we try to mix things up a bit so that everyone gets a fair turn and we try to match so couples can play together. We are limited by the number of sign ups and how many players the raid will support so it is inevitable that some people will be left on the bench.
Sometimes circumstances conspire against us and it is possible that you might get benched for more than one consecutive raid night. We will do our best to make sure that this doesn’t happen but it is not impossible, so please bear with us and feel free to raise any concerns with an Officer if you feel you have been overlooked.
Raid invites will be sent out at 20:30 sharp. If you have been selected for the team then you are expected to be online by this time, preferably sooner so that the Raid Leaders can get a head start. Please make your own way to the raid entrance as quickly as possible so that we can buff up, sort groups and be ready to make the first pull at 20:45. Please don’t be lazy and expect to be summoned.
Signing up and not showing up means you will be treated as a no-show. This will affect your attendance statistics greatly and will eventually result in demotion or removal from the guild. The same counts for signing up to a raid and being late.
We will make allowances for good reasons and you won’t be penalized. i.e., your wife lost one her 27 pairs of shoes, your car got stolen, the TV remote disappeared etc. Real life happens. If you know that you are not going to be able to make it for whatever reason, then please do your best to get a message to us somehow. Use the forum, get an in-game friend to pass on a message, send a text, something. We will expect an explanation at some point so best to get it in fast.